We’re an optimistic cyber security consultancy. You’re (an aspiring) expert in security, data, tech and design that wants to build a safer, more secure world. Let’s make more things go right.
Any roles that we are actively hiring for are listed below. We are looking for direct applicants, rather than working with recruiters at this time, so no agencies please.
- Cyber Risk Consultant (£37,000)
You can also drop us an email to email@example.com if you have any questions, want to discuss a role or apply.
We are a small, young, cyber security consultancy that welcomes challenge and values different perspectives. We’re not afraid to do things differently and our clients appreciate us for that.
We typically work with senior clients — like CIOs, CTOs, CISOs, plus CEOs and NEDs — over longer periods to deliver real and measurable outcomes, rather than one-off deliverables.
We work collaboratively and securely in the open with our clients using tools to automate tasks, track progress and responsibility, and share our findings. This is how we like to work.
We work on interesting engagements where security meets ‘the business’ to better understand, communicate and manage cyber risk. That may involve helping to identify the sources of risk to an organisation, how frequently they face different types of risk events, and quantifying the consequences of these to their operations. It may be producing a light-touch Cyber Scorecard or taking a deeper dive assessment into their security posture. We also help boards and leadership teams explore risk scenarios through cyber exercises (or ‘war games’).
We believe in making the world a better place and do that through two specific programmes. Through Cydea x Good Causes you can expect to spend time supporting good causes on a pro-bono basis or helping them with grants to purchase security solutions. You’ll also be expected to contribute to open-source projects through cydea.tools that provides any organisation with free tools to improve their security posture.
We’re a remote-first business so you’ll spend less time commuting and more time doing things that matter (client work, or perhaps doing the school run). That doesn’t mean you’ll be alone: we use collaboration tools to keep in touch day-to-day and have monthly Team Days in different locations to get together, celebrate successes and plan for the future. Often our clients drop by to share what they’re up to and the problems they’re facing.
We want you to succeed and will invest in your development through formal courses, online learning, career mentorship, on-the-job training and regular feedback. We budget for everyone to go on a training course every year and expect you to share what you’re learning. Every week we talk about what we’ve achieved, learned and reflect on a problem we’ll need to solve soon.
We like to look after our people and offer the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday per year, plus public holidays, to take time off and recharge, plus…
- Unlimited flexible days off: take individual days off for a long weekend, supporting family, or just getting on top of life admin, without eating into your holiday allowance
- Cydea x Good Causes (5 days every year helping not-for-profit organisations improve their cyber posture)
- Tax-free contribution towards your utility bills (£6/week)
- Pension scheme (5% company contribution)
- Discretionary bonus scheme (up to 10% of your salary)
- Annual funding for external training and professional qualification
- Decent IT equipment to enable remote and mobile working
What to expect from our hiring process
Our hiring process is as much about you getting to know us, as it is us getting to know you. We want us both to be confident that it’s the right decision. This is typically what you can expect:
- We shortlist suitable candidates based on your application, CV and covering letter
- A 30-minute call to get to know each other, explore what we both expect and ask questions
- A 60-90 minute interview allows us to discuss our ethos, delve into your ambitions and experience and complete a short task
- An offer of employment and agree on a start date
Throughout the process, we provide feedback on your progress (be it successful or not) and ask you to return the favour to let us know how we’re doing.
Cyber security is a broach domain with many specialisms from risk and compliance through engineering and digital forensics. Add to that data, design, and technology and there are countless niche skill sets needed to deliver the high-quality, multi-disciplinary work that our client’s know us for.
So from time to time, we reach out to freelancers and contractors to help us deliver client projects through our Virtual SME associate programme. This gives us, and our Virtual SMEs, the flexibility to work as and when project requirements are the best fit. We dip into our pool of Cydea Virtual SMEs to do find those people.
If you’re interested in applying to our associate programme then please register as a Cydea Virtual SME and we will be in touch shortly.